Fair Lawn is the Jewish community for those who want to live close enough to New York to take advantage of the city’s exceptional Jewish education, business and professional opportunities, and cultural institutions, yet seek a slower-paced lifestyle, friendly environment and easy commute. Located in the heart of Bergen County, the borough packs a world of Jewish living within its five square miles.
Borough amenities include:
- 13 parks
- A six-mile bicycle/walking/jogging path
- Active recreation center with program for residents of all ages
- Memorial Pool, a sand-bottom pool with full beach and back-beach grass and shade, two enclosed kiddie areas, deep water slides, raft and spray park
- Senior center for active and older adults over 65
- Maurice M. Pine Library, part of BCCLS, a consortium of 77 libraries in four NJ counties. Books and media can be reserved from anywhere in BCCLS system and delivered to Fair Lawn
We’re linked to the greater Jewish community through:
- Jewish Federation of Northern New Jersey, serving Jewish communities in New Jersey, Israel, and everywhere that Jewish life is lived.
- Jewish Family Services, social services, information and referral, clinical services, employment services, senior care, afterschool programs, aid and advocacy and emergency financial assistance.